As you have may have heard, starting May 29, the Governor has announced that fully vaccinated people are no longer required to wear masks. The State does advise non-vaccinated people continue to wear masks.
The Cardinal has left intact the dispensation from attending Sunday Mass until further notice. Those who do not feel well or are still concerned about attending should remain at home.
What you can expect at our parishes:
· At each church, some benches and seats will be reserved for those who wish to stay distanced and masked.
· Hymnals will be back in the benches. Singing of hymns by the congregation is allowed. The seat cushions will return in St. Anthony’s!
· The method of giving your offertory contributions will remain the same for now.
· We will suggest new, touchless gestures for the sign of peace. For the comfort and safety of others, handshaking is not allowed.
· Starting Sunday, June 6:
- we will live stream on Facebook the 8AM Sunday Mass (from St. Mary's)
- celebrate Mass outside at the 10:15 at St. Anthony's weather permitting (bring your own pew!)
As we move forward, we will all be at different comfort levels with how and when we attend liturgy. The Gospel commands us to be gentle and loving to each other. That includes being patient and understanding as we journey through these changes together.
I will continue to update you as I receive further directions from the Office of Worship.
Until then God bless you and keep you safe,
Father Edmond Derosier